Zongshen Z140 Engine NEW TYPE 2021
New For 2021 Models Onwards:
- Engine now comes with new uprated R/H crank casing housing a needle roller bearing design to prevent kickstart/bearing failure like older models.
- Upgraded kickstart shaft from 13mm to now 16mm making the shaft more stronger.
- Upgraded camshaft, now has a copy of the Z40 performance camshaft.
Engine comes with lightweight outer rotar digital flywheel fitted (520g). Flywheel fitted is for off road use and has no lighting circuit. If you require with a lighting circuit please choose from the optional extras.
Zongshen Z140 engines come with a thin head gasket fitted as standard which in result raises the compression ratio making the engine faster than its rival YX140.
Optional extras are availible to purchase with this engine from the drop down menu.
- Oil Cooler Kit = Allows the engine oil to reduce in temperature while engine is in use. This will exstend the life of componenets inside the engine.
- Molkt Carb = Basic universal carb kit.
- Mikuni Carb = High performance carb which will be jetted to suit the engine.
- Genuine Z40 Camshaft Kit = High performance camshaft kit with high pressure valve springs.
- Electrics = Wiring Loom & Digital CDI
- THIS ENGINE REQUIRES AN OIL COOLER OR OIL OUTLETS JOINING TOGETHER WITH A BYPASS PIPE, FAILURE TO FIT THESE ITEMS WILL STARVE TOP END OF OIL AND CAUSE DAMAGE. ITEMS SOLD SEPERATLY.
- THIS ENGINE MUST USE A DIGITAL WIRING LOOM AND CDI AS SHOWN IN THE PHOTOS, IT WILL NOT WORK WITH A YX LOOM AND 5 PIN CDI!
- 1x Z140 Engine Complete
- 1x Angled Manifold and Fittings
- 1x Kickstart Lever
- 1x Gear Lever
PLEASE NOTE MINIMAL WARRENTY IS GIVEN. BUYER MUST OBIDE BY TERMS AND CONDTIONS AND RUNNING IN PROCESS
Zongshen Z140 Engine
WELCOME TO YOUR NEW ENGINE
Before you use, please note the following:
- Your valve clearances have been set by us before dispatch.
- If using a YX Engine then the shipping oil must be drained and replaced before use, we recommend Putoline DX4 10W/40 from our store.
- If using a Zongshen or Daytona engine then these are already prefilled with Shell Motorcycle oil, you may run the engine in using this oil. Oil level will need to be checked once installed.
- Oil Level – on most pit bike engines they hold 700 – 750ml of oil, please ensure engine is level and flat when using the appropriate measuring device. If using a dipstick then remove, clean and screw all the way back in, then remove to look at the oil level reading. If using a sight glass, then the oil level must be around halfway.
- Valve Clearances – all 2 valve engines use the same valve clearance settings (engine cold) Inlet = 0.10mm & Exhaust = 0.15mm.
If using a DAYTONA 190 4V then the settings are Inlet = 0.05mm & Exhaust = 0.07mm.
If you are unsure on how to time your engine correctly and how to set your valve clearances, then please follow a YouTube tutorial.
- We would always recommend installation by a professional qualified person.
- Please ensure the engine breather pipe is fitted to the crank case and the blanking plug removed (if fitted). Ensure there is no kinks in the breather hose and check you can feel the gases escaping when the engine is running.
- We would always recommend using an oil cooler when possible. Using an oil cooler will keep the engine below 190 degrees, even though it is an air-cooled engine, if used under racing conditions then they can become very hot. The cooler will lower the oil temperature which will prolong component life span inside the engine.
- If deciding not to use a cooler then a bypass pipe/hose must be used to link the oil galleries, failure to do this will result in oil starvation to the top of the engine and will cause major damage. This is crucial on Z140 & Z155 engines, DO NOT LEAVE THE BLANKING BOLTS FITTED.
Running In Period:
- We firstly recommend the engine has a few heat cycles before use, this is where you would start the engine for around 5 minuets and then turn off to cool down completely. This allows the piston to bed in and for you to check for any leaks around your oil cooler lines.
- We would then advise about 1 hours use (with breaks) of gentle riding which doesn’t exceed half throttle.
- We would then finally advise for an oil change and to check the valve clearances and adjust if needed.
- We offer our standard 30 days warranty by UK Trading Law on our products. This only is valid on manufacture faults. Issues caused by the user such as incorrectly installed, abusive use, deliberate damage and race use will not be covered.
- 30 Days begins on the date of purchase.
- Regardless of if you have used the engine for 1 hour or 0 hours, once the 30 days has expired it has expired.
- Race Use – We fully understand there is a market here in the UK for motorcycle racing using pit bike engines. Please note anything used under racing conditions is void in warranty as you’re a putting the components under huge stress. These engines were never designed for competition use so please bear this in mind.
- Claims – If you think there is an issue with your engine then please contact us first to discuss your issues, 99% of the time these are always resolved without the need to return the engine and is usually 1 of 2 problems.
- 1 – Incorrect wiring loom and cdi used for that engine.
- 2 – Incorrect Carb used.
In the event of a claim, it is the buyer’s responsibility to return the engine in the original engine moulded box & to cover postage charges.
Upon the return the engine will be inspected by use to see if it is covered under a manufacture error.
Items Not Covered:
Below are some examples of items not covered under warranty as it is related to rider misuse.
- Kickstart Gears (Caused by excessively kicking & incorrect carb setup)
- Clutch Basket Centre Gear (Caused by excessively kicking & incorrect carb setup)
- Barrel & Piston Wear
- Gearbox dogs (Caused by not using the clutch)
- Premature Valve Damaged (Caused by over revving)
Please use common sense when using these engines, please bear in mind these are still Chinese engines and Chinese quality therefore expectations should be made for Chinese standards.
Below are some examples of carb data required for some engines:
- YX140 = VM26 135M, 27.5P
- Z140 = VM26 130M, 27.5P
- YX160 & Z155 = VM26 145M, 30P
- Z190 = PE28 COPY 130M, 42P
- DAYTONA 190 = PE28 120M, 40P
We hope you enjoy your new engine, if you have any questions, please contact us.